Social skills cover a wide variety of issues:
- How do we have a conversation?
- What is a conversation?
- Are we able to take on the role of the speaker?
- Are we able to take on the role of the listener?
- Do we know the rules of conversation?
- What are pragmatics?
- Do we understand humor?
- Are we able to join in a conversation?
- Do we take turns?
- Can we communicate a need or a want?
- Do we use appropriate nonverbal language?
- Do we understand emotions?
There is so much to communication. This area seems to be getting more and more attention these days.